• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Salt Lake Vehicle Inspection rules change

skyblue

NAXJA Forum User
my daughter has my 91 Wrangler that is bone stock except it has 235r70-15 instead of 225r75-15 tires. no lift or anything and tires are about the same diameter.

if failed the vehicle inspection because they say it doesn't have mud flaps and the tires are not 100% inside the fender flares...
the inspection place says this is a new law that if the fender flares do not come down past 1/2 way on the tires, then it has to have mud flaps.
and they say i need wider flares because the tires are past the edge of the stock flares.
the tires are like 1/2inch past the side of the fender flares, and i don't think thats due to the 235 tires vs 225 tires. i think they were past the flares when the Jeep was new.

its a nearly stock Wrangler !! are they going to start making all Wranglers get mud flaps now?

anybody know of a place in Salt Lake that does inspections that would not be so picky?
it ticks me off that they want me to put mud flaps and wider flares on a Wrangler that is stock.
thanks...

Back