• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Daystar coil spring spacers... arg!

Mike H.

NAXJA Forum User
2 weeks ago I put "new" coil spacers up front to offset the weight of my bumper.
within a week they were buldging, and starting to expand over the stock isolator.
as of Sunday, the drivers side spacer has split vertically from top to bottom, and is wedged between the spring/spring perch/inner fender.

So,
Has anyone else had issues with Daystar?
What spacer manufacturer would you recommend?

I've been running a set for couple years now without any issues. I put mine between the rubber isolator and the sheet metal, so the stock isolator is between the coil and the poly spacer.

Karl's a hell of a sales guy. :D

x2 on the standard ACOS

But really, those spacers should not have split. That's honestly the first time I've heard of that!

i bought 1.5" spacers for the exact same purpose, they were like tough country or something like that, ill try to find them but yeah day star sucks mine were $50 ill try to find them if youd like

Wierd, I've had coil spring spacers on my DD for over a year and haven't had any sort of problem from them.

I just had some machined for me out of Delron. It was easy and has held up for 3 years now.

were u jumping??
when they first started to crush/swell go bad, no, it had been city driving only.
on the weekend i hit the bump stops pretty good a few times at speed on an access road... but, I've bumpstop'd significantly more than I spacer'd, and, my (previous) 3/4" spacers had survived 6 years of the same treatment... they were no name.

I just had some machined for me out of Delron. It was easy and has held up for 3 years now.
Delrin?

Last edited:
when they first started to crush/swell go bad/no, it had been city driving only.
on the weekend i hit the bump stops pretty good a few times at speed on an access road... but, I've bumpstop'd significantly more than I spacer'd, and, my (previous) 3/4" spacers had survived 6 years of the same treatment... they were no name.

Delrin?
strange, maybe a bad batch? I had rubicon express 1 3/4 inch in mine for almost 2 years, now they are in my brothers. no signs of anything bad

ya, I don't get it either...
2 different shops in town swear by them, and have never seen one fail.
at any rate, since both shops I fully trust, I will replace with another set, and, see what happens... by the way, owner of shop (1 of the 2 mentioned) that sold 'em to me is sending them back, and having a "what the *frig* is up?" conversation.

strange, maybe a bad batch? I had rubicon express 1 3/4 inch in mine for almost 2 years, now they are in my brothers. no signs of anything bad

Well they did have a bad batch of shock bushings so...... that sounds like a very good possibility. If I were the OP I would contact Daystar and see what they have to say.

Just stack 1 or two more coil isolaters from the junk yard. Basically free and work just the same in 3/4" segments. I agree that they shouldn't have split though. I have jumped with a set and never split them.

Strange! :dunno: I ran the Daystar spacers up front for a while and then passed them on to a friend, who passed them on to another friend. 4 years and 3 jeeps later, and they're still going! I put the stock spring isolaters between the spacers and the springs. Any way you slice it, though they shouldn't have split like that!

Grimus (Jason, I think-the RC guy) mentioned in another thread that Daystar had turned out a batch of defective poly shock bushings- resulting in shocks from several retailers shredding bushings. Maybe their spacers are part of that same run of material? Be interesting to see what comes of this.

ya, I don't get it either...
2 different shops in town swear by them, and have never seen one fail.
at any rate, since both shops I fully trust, I will replace with another set, and, see what happens... by the way, owner of shop (1 of the 2 mentioned) that sold 'em to me is sending them back, and having a "what the *frig* is up?" conversation.

Last edited:
thought i would update.
shop gave me a replacement set of daystars, which I installed.
i wheeled that w/e and both spacers, how can I say it... broke!
both of them lost significant amount of material, and litterally fell out on the trail!
I was litterally, only crawling around...
Shop broke open a budget boost kit dated Feb of 2008, put those spacers in...
Life has been good since.
I don't know what DayStar is doing, but, something is not right with their recent recipe, or, cure procedures.

sorry for the poor spelling.

Back