• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front bumber bracket question

109ace

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the process of installing a set of Custom 4x4 tow hook brackets and I ran into a little snag. What type of tool do I need to use to remove the front bumper bracket with. It looks like a star head but I am not sure what the actual tool or size is. Thanks.

Thanks. I guess I know where I will be going. Hopefully NAPA has them. That is all we have that is not a 30 min drive.

There are 3 in this town but i haven't checked them out yet for this. They don't have much anyway. I will know tomorrow.

It wasn't even a normal Torx, at least on mine. My '96 used a T-47 Torx. Weird, annoying and actually not quite as readily available.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Mine is a '98. Is there a way to tell what size I will need or would I just have to buy a few and check.

I didn't even take the bumper off the mounting brackets because I don't think I had the exact torx bit needed. I just unbolted the 6 hex bolts that hold the bracket to the 'frame'.

Back