• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad wiper fluid pumps

Townie

NAXJA Forum User
2 months back the washer fluid pump quit on my rear wiper-- no noise, no fluid. Yesterday the front wiper pump went silent also. Is this a fuse issue or pump replacement(s) issue? From searching I understand access to front pump is located in Driver's side wheel well... Got 145K on my '97 Sport & lotsa stuff failing over the past couple years. :bawl: TIA

Both wipers are sourced out of the same reservoir - check that out first and look for corrosion and similar would be my first recommendation.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Any tips for accessing wiper fluid pump?

on my 89 you can take he whole thing off then un hook the hoses and take the pumps off and replace them but you might want to check that you have power to them first... hook up a tester to the wires connected to each pump (while they are unhooked)and have someone hit the switch for you good luck hope its about the same on the 97 if not sorry for blabbing

On the 97+ it's in the fender, you jack it up, remove the drivers side tire, then get behind the wheel well liner, the front pump is the furthest forward and lowest, I have to do mine too, just been too busy. Oh, to remove the tank you have to remove the filler neck first, I think it just turns out or turns and pulls, then you can slide the tank, you can see the two tabs in the engine compartment near the filler neck, I have not looked to see if any bolts or screws are involved yet.

I just ordered one from National Auto parts, will be in tomorrow, $15. Front and rear were the same part numbers.

Back