• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guage cluster issue.

Xj'sR'Creamy

NAXJA Forum User
98 4.0l with tach.

Will not work, intermittent at times they will, other times the guages just dance for a second. Guages themselves are servicable as I have tried swapping out for a new one with no such luck. This seems like a grounding relate problem, the question is where is it grounded? I cannot seem to pin point this problem. Any suggestions would be very greatly appriciated.

Sean

It is usually the self docking plugs on the back of the cluster or where they plug into. Mine would go dead and I'd smack the dash or hit a bump and they would come back on. I removed the cluster, cleaned the contact pins and sockets with contact cleaner, gave each pin a very very very small tweak with a set of micro needlenose pliers, been fine ever since.

RichP

Well, that is the first thing I tried and unfortunately that's why I'm posting on NAXJA. I do not ask a question until I've used up all of my magic fixing powers and I seem to have run out on this one. Any more helpful suggestions out there?

Thanks, Sean

Back