• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door Glass Run Channel

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
The felt run channel at the front of my driver door glass is torn and missing the top 4" of it. I get alot of air in here while driving.

Where can I buy a replacement one? Do I need to pull the door panel to replace it?

yea, you need to pull the panel and remove the glass, it is easier that way. Those things are expensive. I am on the lookout for a good set at the JY, my MJ needs them on both sides. the funny thing is most of the 95 and 96 rigs I have seen have the same situation, but my 1991 trail truck they are still in good condition.

I went to JC Whitney and got some generic stuff that worked out fine. Didn't save the receipt so I can't tell you the part number, but its basically just 1/2" wide and 3/4" deep weatherstripping. Also got the window frame weatherstripping from JC Whitney.

Back