• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Body/bumper repair?

Use a big pair of channel-locks to straighten the D.Side flange enough to get the bolts out. then use a grade 8 bolt/washer/nut into each hole to attach a length of chain. chain the nose to something solid(a pickup bumper hitch works well) gently tug it repeatedly at the desired angle until it is straight.

Sounds good. Any other ideas?
Without taking it to a body shop, no. What he mentioned is the "home mechanic"'s way of doing it, works darn good most of the time too, just be safe if you or anyone else are anywhere near that chain. It's usually a good idea to put a weight in the middle of the chain, that way if it comes loose, it hits the ground before someone else.

In a body shop you'd tie it down to a frame system and make pulls?
They'd use a frame straightener to do it rather than using another vehicle. Past that, I don't really know.

A come-along works better than another vehicle. Strap one end to a tree, position the jeep, and use the come-along to pull the metal back into shape.

I think that is what I will end up doing. That way I'll have a little more control. :eeks1:

Back