• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what do these wires do??

I don't think they will cause it not to start. Have you checked the infamous CPS and made sure that it's plugged in and good?

You have the wires from the tranny solenoids that enter the case about 2/3rd the way back on the drivers side of the tranny. If it's a 4wd, you also have the wires for the rear output speed sensor which is hiding under the mounting bracket for the xfer case linkage. You didn't mention the year, but there is also a wire for a front speed sensor on 98+. All of those go into the same bundle to a connector up on the firewall. I think 90+ is when the VSS speed sensor in the transfer case started?

And no, none of those will prevent started although they could cause shifting issues if damaged. Is it not crankning at all> that would point to the NSS. Cranking but not starting might be the Crank Position Sensor or a bunch of other things.

its a 90, its a set of 8 wires i think that go to a harness right beside the NSS and there is another two wires attached that go to the transfercase i think or something..

cause i was having a problem with starting but it was the nss and i just bypassed it for now..

but i thought it could possiby be those wires

what do they do, would they cause my speedometer to stop working or my odometer cause both are not working

thanks

Back