• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need some help with this one...

ryemill

NAXJA Forum User
Ive got oil spraying out of the dip stick, not the gasket where it goes into the crankcase but where the dipstick itself but goes into the tube. tried another dipstick, still happened. its like there is pressure pushing the oil up the tube for the dipstick. never seen this before, has anyone else???? crankcase vent problem?? thanks for the help, Ryan

Clean your crankcase ventilator for sure. you know, what would be the pcv valve hose on an older motor. 4.0 motors have a chronic problem with this. Otherwise you have a serious case of blowby from a broken ring, hole in a piston etc. It's likely the vent though.

yea, best bet will be t pull the valvcover and clean the insides by hand, then replace all the vacuum lines and see how it goes from there. If I had to guess I would also say that you will have a significant amount of oil showing up in the dizzy cap as well.

Do as all the other replies say, clean the vents, check the vacum hoses, etc. Sounds like a lot of blowby also. Check the compression on the cylinders. I had a pickup once that had low compression on 2 cylinders, it did run, it would blow oil out of the dipstick tube to the point of actually pushing the dipstick out. I had to run the oil level low untill I got rid of it (or rebuilt it).

Back