• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sealed Air Intake Options?

sprngfldxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have heard of different ways to acheive a snorkel system, but I would like to have ideas from some of you. I have thought of using the cowl as a means to cold air as opposed to using traditional snorkel system?
Ideas?

Airflow snorkel. Best Sealed Air intake avaialble. I am biased thou, cause I own one. I have heard of poeple cuting a hole in the hood right above the airbox and putting a scoop from another car on it... cut the top off the airbox and the scoop throws the air direct into the box. sealed around cutout of the box and hood of course. YOu would hace to put a cone air filter in there thou... but this is all thoretical. Havent seen it doe yet...

AIrflow snorkel..!!

I like the cowl idea. I plan to do just that whenever I get around to taking out all of the ABS crap that is in the way. I know others who have done it with sucess.
Here is ILLXJ's setup:
HPIM0188.jpg

HPIM0187.jpg

HTH

Hale

"Show build up" ???? :roll: :roll: I live in MI and haven't had any problems and as far as the heavy rain concern, the cowl area has it's own drains and I also made the end of the tube that goes into the cowl a diag "bologna cut" with the longer portion on the top side of the tube.

I think he means what happens when it is iced over or so loaded with snow that air won't flow freely. I had the same reservations, but after two years with this setup, I haven't had any problems.

Back