• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Many thanks to the folks that made Moab happen

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
The Cherokee 25th Anniversary Celebration was a tremendous success, thanks to all those who worked in one way or another to make it happen and to all of you who attended. There were 125 vehicles registered, more that were there for various times during the week, and we fed close to 250 people at the dinner on Friday night. This was despite the tough economic times and the price of fuel, and the many who had originally planned to attend but weren't able to make it.

I'd like to mention and give a hearty thanks to some folks who played a big part in this events success.

Josh and Isreal and the Intermountain chapter gang that provided the food and put on the Hospitality Night.

Remi who did the pre-registrations and a huge thanks to Brendan and his helpers who handled registration and inspections at the event and sold raffle tickets.

Jeff Turner who coordinated all the trail runs and all of the trail leaders that did an excellent job of leading the runs, especially those who led 3 or 4 trails.

Johnny our treasurer (lobsterdmb) who kept track of all the money and sold Giveaway XJ tickets.

Woody who organized the Show and Shine, and all the folks that helped him run it, cooked and served, and judged. And to CRAWL magazine who provided the food.

Andy Steiner who put together the slide show for Friday night, and JohnJohn who put together a short but fun video clip.

Rick (Jump This) and Bonnie who did the great dinner on Friday night, and all the folks that helped out with cooking, serving, and cleaning things up.

Cal who put together the great raffle that we had on Friday night, plenty of real good stuff including a bad ass new complete coil lift kit from Bob at TnT Customs, and to all of our vendors who contributed.

Also, thanks again to Woody and Heather, who flew out and stepped in all week to help out where ever they were needed.

And we have to give a huge thanks to Led and Jeff (planefixer), and all the CO folks who worked to get the Giveaway XJ project finished, and to Avery (cracker) who worked to get all the parts together. Also, Jes and Andy, and Cal, Rick and Mike G for some last minute work in Moab to get the rig ready.

I know plenty of others stepped in when needed to help with many things, thanks to everyone who contributed in some way to make this a great event and a fun time for everyone.

See you all in five years (if not before), :)

Richard

It was truly a pleasure and an honor to be involved in the event!

Thanks to you Richard for making a personal commitment almost a year in advance to make this the best NAXJA event ever, and then seeing it through to reality.

orig.jpg

Look at what a big difference a little promotion makes:
2008 Friday night dinner
orig.jpg

2007 Friday night dinner
orig.jpg

It just proves to me that NAXJA has gotten big enough that it needs real leadership to function well, which you have provided 100%. We will need to hold the dinner at the Spanish Trail Arena next year if the Fall Fling gets much bigger. :D

Adding to Richard's comments, I really appreciate everyone who took a part in the organization and execution of this event.

I'm especially grateful to those who stepped up to lead trails, several led multiple trails and made sure everyone on their run had a good time and returned home safe. It takes the efforts of many to pull off an event like this and ya'll dig a bang up job!

:thumbup:

Thank you to everyone involved in putting on such a professional and fun event. I had a great time...a week to remember! :cheers:
Pat

I was going to start a similar thread, but might as well pile on in this one...

Personal thanks to Mac and Led for the trail rides. You cats couldn't have dragged in an uglier passenger, so if nothing else, at least I made y'all look downright sexy.

Suzie, Cindy, John & Dennis & co... :thumbup: for the help @ the show & shine. I knew things were under control when y'all sent me on the wild goosechase to City Market :D Thanks here too to Heather and her band of merry judges. We kept them incognito to dissuade bribery and other shady dealings.

Brendan fully rocked as our registration POC. He had that "ninty-mile stare" thing going on from about Tues AM onward, but stayed in the fight. Happy Birthday too BTW.

Speaking of Birthdays... there were several that occured during the festivities. Spankings are in order.

Melissa and Johnny B (the newlyweds) went above and beyond the call of duty all week as well. Thank you, and best wishes for a long and happy marriage!

IMC gets a :thumbup: for hosting the Tuesday GTG... and for the best deals ever on HSLD fuzzies.

Goatman thanks for the size XL Eureka dome tent, mattress, and camp chairs...

Everyone involved got it all put together for a great week of fun in the Moab sun.

Thanks for an aweseome event! I thought that it went very well and I had the time of my life!

woody your welcome to hang in the passenger's seat anytime...moab rim would've not been the same without your jokes...

mac 'still riding the Moab high' gyvr

Back