• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick question!

94CountryXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Real quick question. Are 94 Zj front lower control arms interchangeable with XJ arms of the same year? And are the trackbars interchangeable also?

Also will MJ leafs fit an XJ?

I have a line on a set of coils, lower adj arms, adj trackbar (off a ZJ), rear 3.5" AAl with spring pack (off an MJ) with new Ubolts for $320.

Sound like a deal and will these work?

MJ's have longer Leafs and area spring under axle, so those won't work.

The ZJ control arms should work fine

The coils off the ZJ will work, but will net more lift on the cherokee by an inch or so.

Real quick question. Are 94 Zj front lower control arms interchangeable with XJ arms of the same year? And are the trackbars interchangeable also?

Also will MJ leafs fit an XJ?

I have a line on a set of coils, lower adj arms, adj trackbar (off a ZJ), rear 3.5" AAl with spring pack (off an MJ) with new Ubolts for $320.

Sound like a deal and will these work?

the adjustable lowers will work form a ZJ to a XJ, the coils will fit but might gain more or less then advertised, the adjustable trackbar should work (someone correct me itf that is not right) and the leafs from the MJ will not work IIRC.

damn, looks like Matt and I resoponded at the same time, but same information regardless

Thanks guys! I will still take the leaf packs and just swap the AAL over to my pack for now until I can find a decent set of XJ stock leafs since mine are inverted almost.

The steel sleeve inside the bushing on the body end of a ZJ is about 1/4" wider than on an XJ. You have to trim it back to the rubber on each side, then they will fit your XJ. Stock lca bushings are like this, I'm just assuming aftermarket arms will be the same way. The control arms are the same. It's only the bushings on the body end that are different. Use the MJ leaf pack without the aal to build a bastard pack . They have way more arch than XJ leaves.Try an advanced search, there should be a thread on this.

Welp I got the parts!

2950012115_b8195d20e8_o.jpg

Adjustable LCA's
Adjustable Track bar
3" Lift RE ZJ coils
U-bolts
MJ leaf packs with a 3.5" AAL

It seems like a good deal to me for $320. The parts were on his Zj for about 6 months before he sold it.

So looks like I will be building a bastard pack with the MJ leafs, and experiment until I get about 4.5" of lift out of it. Still not sure what the fronts going to give me.

Question is, I know anything above 3-3.5" they say you need a SYE. But, if I keep it on the road and don't wheel it until I can get one installed, can I get by without one if I just use a TC drop for now? Will adding say a 4* or 9* shim help prevent vibes?

I'm selling my LT1 S10 to pay for the tires/rims and exhaust and some other goodies. If I need to I can pop for the SYE now, but would like to wait till next month if possible.

Also, am I going to run into issues with the front and rear sway bars? I'm assuming I will need to get longer end links right? I haven't checked out the front yet.

Now just need to get shocks and a new rear brake hose

Welp I got the parts!

2950012115_b8195d20e8_o.jpg

Adjustable LCA's
Adjustable Track bar
3" Lift RE ZJ coils
U-bolts
MJ leaf packs with a 3.5" AAL

It seems like a good deal to me for $320. The parts were on his Zj for about 6 months before he sold it.
Unless the ZJ has been heavily modified, they are coils front and rear.

Question is, I know anything above 3-3.5" they say you need a SYE. But, if I keep it on the road and don't wheel it until I can get one installed, can I get by without one if I just use a TC drop for now? Will adding say a 4* or 9* shim help prevent vibes?
Sure, a 4* or 9* shim will help - if that's what you measure it out to need. Throwing a shim on there without measuring is pointless. Whether you get vibes or not is going to depend on the t-case, but expect to need one and budget for it.

Also, am I going to run into issues with the front and rear sway bars? I'm assuming I will need to get longer end links right? I haven't checked out the front yet.
Yes, you'll run into "issues" with the rear swaybar especially. Pull it out and chuck it during the install. Get longer front links or swaybar disconnects once you figure out how tall ths pile o'parts is.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

If you have a problem with vibes, do a 1" t/c drop. You can drop your front sway bar or use longer links. Of course disconects are supposed to the best setup. If your rear bar doesn't rub I'd leave it on. I had to pull mine & I miss it.

Back