• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

water and gas can storage

pb_beaker

NAXJA Forum User
for those of use (me) who dont have a roof rack or tire carier how are you hauling your water and gas cans? Is anyone hauling gas inside the cab? Pics would be nice also.

I would definitely recommend NOT hauling gas INSIDE. Water I would however definitely haul outside, so that if someone steals it thinking it was gas, they'd get what was coming to them.

Both outside. Gas for the riskiness and water incase someone is being a dick and steals it.

You could get one of those high trailer hitch haulers that sits a foot or two up so it wouldnt mess up your rack when you go up something steep. Stap em on.

I put 1-3 5 gallon Scepter water jugs strapped down on the floor behind the seat. You want that dense weight low and between the axles. I've seen expedition type trucks with the NATO gas jerry cans in the cab. I wouldn't do it on the highway at high speed, or hard wheeling with a chance of rollover. Your call.

Back