• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cooling fan question?

Redsnake

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to have to replace the engine cooling fan on my son's 87 XJ and wanted to know if I could use the newer style f/the '96-'97 + ?? Is it a direct bolt in as I know there was a redesign of the fan blades and I believe the newer ones pull more air.

Thanks.

Your information is correct.It flows more air,fits in same holes ect.
Wayne

Redsnake said:
I am going to have to replace the engine cooling fan on my son's 87 XJ and wanted to know if I could use the newer style f/the '96-'97 + ?? Is it a direct bolt in as I know there was a redesign of the fan blades and I believe the newer ones pull more air.

Thanks.

you'd want to check the electrical plug end and see if they are the same....it has been discused many times but the how far back you can go I don't remember.

thanks... I'll try another search here. I can compare the plugs and could always cut/splice in the old plug off the bad fan if need be.

Any suggestions on a good place to order/buy? thanks.

Back