• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wiper delay installation help

Bugboy

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys,

i am posting this for a friend who doesnt have access to the net currently (RacerRob). i tried to search but once again found about 500 things that had nothing to do with what i need.

basically Rob wants to know how hard it is to install the wiper delay module into a 90 xj. ALso I told him i have a signal switch form a 95 that he could have if it would work. so what we need to find out is if in fact that switch will work in a 90 and what other pieces we may need to complete this.

If someone has a link to a tech on this it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Sean

Reach under the steering wheel on the underside of the dash and find the black box about 3" x 5". It's velcro'd to the under dash panel (seriously, velcro) in the middle, right about where your knees are. Pull on it, should come right out, with velcro type effort.

Unplug the wiring harness, plug in the new module to the harness and stick it back under the dash to the velcro. Takes about a minute.

don't know about the compatibility of years. I have a 90 and I've never looked at another Jeep. Just doesn't seem right.

Reach under the steering wheel on the underside of the dash and find the black box about 3" x 5". It's velcro'd to the under dash panel (seriously, velcro) in the middle, right about where your knees are. Pull on it, should come right out, with velcro type effort.

Unplug the wiring harness, plug in the new module to the harness and stick it back under the dash to the velcro. Takes about a minute.

don't know about the compatibility of years. I have a 90 and I've never looked at another Jeep. Just doesn't seem right.

x2

thats where it is on my 89 and its held in by velcro.

thats what i told Rob. i think if he just gets a switch with the delay positions on there and the delay box he should be able to just plug and play.

sean

Back