• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Wheel

pipes94xj

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, without sounding like a little girl (no offense ladies =Þ ) my 97's steering wheel is peeling off some. Especially when its humid or im done lifting and my stupid gym runs out of chalk/thus sweaty hands. Anybody know of any good covers?

I used an old school wrap around kind on my wrangler and it wasn't too bad, but I'm trying to make it look a little better, not like my dads 70' Chevelle

Anybody?

I just use a cheapo walmart one, it's the black fake leather with the ridges all the way around. If I was really worried about it I'd pull it and put on a grant but no point when a cheap cover works fine.

I have never had one peel, but mine gets really dirty and leaves residue on my hands. Are you sure it is not just dirty?

If it is peeling, I would just get one from the salvage yard and replace it. With the right tools it is a very easy and quick job, and you can rent the tools needed from most parts store that rent tools.

Jess... mine is definitely peeling apart. I'm thinking about buying a wheelskins wrap and just covering it up. Not like my XJ is a show-queen... just bugs me when at times the steering wheel 'leather' comes off in my hand or peels a bit.

Just get a new wheel.

Back