• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory wheel images/specs chart??

XJ96Classic

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search but can not find this anywhere.

Looking for a chart that shows images of factory jeep wheels and the specs on backspacing and wheel size.

Anyone know where there is one? I saw one a year ago but cant find it....

The lugs are 5 on 4.5"
Backspace is 5.25"

Jim

your saying that on EVERY wheel make for a XJ the backspacing is exactly the same?

they all cant be 15 x 7s ?

I am actually trying to figure out if i need spacers
my options are a set of rubican Moab 16 x 8 with xx?? backspacing
or some ecco 15 x 7s with xx?? backspacing..

15x6 and 15x7 on the XJ. They were all 5 on 4.5" bolt circle, with 5.25" backspace.

Is there any other way I can say this?

Sjejty crueziy 15x6 zy 15x7 hrdlic...
happyfinger.gif

Where's Kejtar when ya need him?!?! :D

Jim

Grand Cherokee ZJ, 93-98 are all also 15x7 and 5.25 BS

Wranglers, 87-06 are all 15x7 and 5.25 BS except the Canyons (15x8, 5.25 BS) and Moabs 16x? (don't know the BS on those)

All of the above are 5 on 4.5 lug pattern

Its a jeep thing!

Ford Ranger/exploder 4x4 (?-98/91-98 I think!) wheels are 15x6(or 7) and 4.75 BS and 5 on 4.5 lug pattern but the center hole will need to be trimmed out slightly to fit over the front hub assembly. The "outlaw" style ford alloys look dang good on a XJ in my opinion.

Just in case you were looking at other factory wheel options

Grand Cherokee ZJ, 93-98 are all also 15x7 and 5.25 BS

Wranglers, 87-06 are all 15x7 and 5.25 BS except the Canyons (15x8, 5.25 BS) and Moabs 16x? (don't know the BS on those)

All of the above are 5 on 4.5 lug pattern

Its a jeep thing!

Ford Ranger/exploder 4x4 (?-98/91-98 I think!) wheels are 15x6(or 7) and 4.75 BS and 5 on 4.5 lug pattern but the center hole will need to be trimmed out slightly to fit over the front hub assembly. The "outlaw" style ford alloys look dang good on a XJ in my opinion.

Just in case you were looking at other factory wheel options

yeah.. the moabs are 16x8 and 5bs in the earlier years.. pre 06.. i think.

i am going to try and find a set then put a 1 spacer in .

what ever happened the request for a factory wheel image chart..lol

I am actually trying to figure out if i need spacers
my options are a set of rubican Moab 16 x 8 with xx?? backspacing
or some ecco 15 x 7s with xx?? backspacing..

Matt, I have the 16x8 Rubicon rims and 245/75/16 tires on my Comanche with a 2" BB. No spacers and no rubbing.

I could bring my floor jack and impact over again and try them on your XJ. :laugh3:

Back