• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33's w/o too much lift

bulldugg

NAXJA Forum User
I want to stuff 33's under my 94 XJ but don't want too much lift. Will Bushwacker flares give me the clearance needed if I get 3" lift with them. looking for trail clearance on the differential , not massive suspension articulation.

You dont need bushwacker flares to get clearance...just trim your fenders, and relocate the stock flares if you really want flares.

It's a lift and properly backspaced wheels that you'll need to fit 33" tires. Yes you can fit 33" tires with a 3" lift though, but it will likely rub in some way unless you do some massive trimming.
Do some searching.

~Scott

I want to stuff 33's under my 94 XJ but don't want too much lift. Will Bushwacker flares give me the clearance needed if I get 3" lift with them. looking for trail clearance on the differential , not massive suspension articulation.
Oh god no... Bushwackers don't give you any higher clearance, just gawdy wider clearance, and they're ugly as sin!

You'll have to trim trim and trim the fenders, as well as bump stop. Plus at least a little bit of lift.

And if you bump the bushwacker with your tire you will rip it off your truck. And if you complain to the company they will tell you that their flares are not meant for offroad. Trust me I learned from experience.

Not to mention bushwacker (bushcracker to some) flares recently went up in price $100! Their now $450...I'd rather get Rustys flexable flares if I were to get any after market ones, they'll run about $350.

~Scott

youre going to have to trim, bump stop, trim some more, and probably be best off running a 33-10.50

Quoted for truth!

Here's my junk--33x10.5s on right around 3" of lift:

Emden4.jpg

Thanks for the responses. I figured trimming was part of the plan. Good advice on the flares. Never ran bushwackers and didn't know the problems with them. I'll check out the flares suggested.

Here's mine with 33's and about 4.5"-5" in the front and ~3" rear lift. Stock flares. Proper bump stops are your friend.

For the rear trimming all that i cut/trimmed was the lower part of the wheel well.

I've got 4" and trimming, 4.5" of Back Spacing, and I'm running 33x12.5.

flexj2.jpg

I think I need about another 1" to gain some clearance. I was abusing my skids at Crozet.

Back