• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What would you reccamend.

go1lum

NAXJA Forum User
I just purchased a 92 xj it has about 3 inches of lift the guys said it has 4 but it doesn't sit that high. It has 2 adda leafs in the back with a 1.5" block. In the front it has i think 2 inch lift springs with goofy ass spring spacers that go in the springs and ajust up and down. I don't like much of this setup. I was thinking of buying 2 inch spring shackles and taking the adda leafs out and then putting urathane spring spacers up top in the front. The transfer case is already dropped 1 inch. how much lift can i put on before i need to replace the stock lower control arms and before the pinyion angle is to great.

as far as control arms, typically you need to replace lowers at about 3" and uppers above 4", you also need a new trackbar at that height (get one adjustable with no TRE at the top). Longer brake lines rear at 3" and front at 4".

You can probably go 5-6" without an SYE if you use a YJ slip yoke.

Can you post a pic of your front spring spacers?

Long shackles and lift blocks are homo. So are AALs. If you can't afford to purchase new spring packs, look into building a bastard pack from junkyard parts.

1015081807a.jpg

Back
Front
1015081807.jpg

1015081806.jpg

Thats the best i can do for picture quality.
go1lum_00
go1lum_00
go1lum_00

If they are the ACCOS spacers you should sell them to me:D

Those are NOT ACOS.
Get rid of what every they are!:twak: :conceited

Looks like you are starting over with a lift, IMO. What you have got... is well ghetofab junk, honestly.

Wow, are spring spacers very common? Those do look very "ghettofab". I'd be wary about running those on my rig.

Can you post a pic of your front spring spacers?

Long shackles and lift blocks are homo. So are AALs. If you can't afford to purchase new spring packs, look into building a bastard pack from junkyard parts.

There is nothing wrong with longer shackles. In many cases it can help your pinion angle. Blacks on the other hand are trash. AALs are pretty much suck in the fact if your leafs are worn already they will be gone in a years time and your ride is stiffened.

you can budget lift, but generally its hard to get above 3.5-4" without spending money.

http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Suspension_Steering_Axles_and_Brakes/Budget_Lift.htm

there's an example of a budget lift...

I'm not the richest man in the world and my plan is to get ahold of some 3.5" lift springs, and do a kota or s10 pack in the back(this much lift doesn't require a ton of extra stuff). Then, as I can afford it, build everything around it, IE: one ton steering, SYE, frame bracing, make my own long arms, axles, etc etc, THEN I'll lift it more, probably to 5.5-6", whatever I need to clear 33's comfortably, maybe 35's....

Take thos spring spacers out immediatley!!!!!

shoemaker: It depends on the vehicle i guess, I had 5" of lift with no SYE for about a month until my t-case output shaft bent... no fun

Back