• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motion Offroad Cage

I don't know, but I'm going to bend one up from 1.5" .120 wall HREW, it'll run about $200 in materials. Nice to have access to a bender. :)

tube run through a mechanized GTAW, GMAW, PAW welder is EWS, but not ERW.
It just refers to how the seem of the tube was welded together.

Any cage is worth it... it only takes one time and your dead...

Forget Motion Offroad.

He's a copycat stealing other peoples products, copy and logo's to sell as his own.

If you want that cage, call up D&C Extreme (who's cage he ripped off) and order one from them. You'll pay a little more, but you'll get a quality kit, from the person who designed it, out of quality parts - not a half assed rip off made from the cheapest material available.

</rant>

Cant anyone do anything about it? Isnt this copyright infringement or something like that?

Back on topic: definitely talk to d&c I have heard alot of great things about them...

Motionoffroad said:
These kits were built to be a massive reinforcement to the stock uni-body while giving you all the room you need to get in/out and store your stuff. Our kits are built to the highest standards; does not matter if your crawling or desert racing, these kits will protect you and your loved ones.Motion Offroad prides itself on the quality, fit and finish of our new Jeep Cherokee XJ cage kits. Not only do they cover you, they don't get in your way like other kits on the market. When properly installed you should be able to use ALL your handles and knobs (pre-98 models have some obstruction on the glove box). Precision bending allows for massive amounts of head room and a 100% usable rear seat (for kids AND adults).

DandC Extreme said:
These kits were built to be a massive reinforcement to the stock uni-body while giving you all the room you need to get in/out and store your stuff. D and C prides itself on the quality, fit and finish of our new XJ kits. Not only do they cover you, they don't get in your way. When properly installed you should be able to use ALL your handles and knobs (pre-98 models have some obstruction on the glove box). Precision bending allows for massive amounts of head room and a 100% useable rear seat (for kids AND adults).

That is copy from both websites for the same product. DandC Extreme did copyright their site
DandC Extreme said:
© 2002 dandcextreme.com, All rights reserved.

I'm not sure how a Business can protect themselves from copyright infringement, short of court, if the offender pays no heed to copyright notices.

In another thread, JCR Off-Road claimed infringement by this same company. After seeing the proof as posted above, it appears what everyone says about this guy is spot on. I wouldn't by from him.

If you like the cage, take Cal's advice and buy it from DandC Extreme. It looks like a nice product and they have the install instructions on their website at http://www.dandcextreme.com/product.asp?pkID=126

Sounds like some angry phone calls/emails are in order. :dunno:

~Scott

call andemail them all you want. They rarely awnser the phone or reply to emails. If you pissed about your order and they know it. They sit around and watch caller id and won't pick up the phone. When I ordered my longarm and they screwed me around for 3 weeks they wouldn't awnser when I called. Then I borrowed my coworkers phone and what do ya know someone was there to pick it up. This guy is a loser.

holy crap they did steal it, thats pretty retarded if you ask me, i think i'll just save up a little more and get the d and c cage, are they good to work with if you want it built a little differently? like my xj has the back cut off like a truck kind of and i want some bars to come down at an angle so i can mount the spare tire up there

i dunno, i've never had any problems when ordering stuff from them.
Isn't the guy that runs the joint (Motion Offroad, AKA: Lead_not_follow, AKA: Adam) a wheeling buddy of yours?

it doesnt surprise me that commanche club is all over motions nuts, they are typically an older crowd then naxja.

Comanche Club is a great place for those specifically MJ needs, whether its technical help or parts. I have an XJ and an MJ that get wheeled hard and have gotten lots of helpful advice on Comanche Club for the MJ. I try to help out when I can over there, because its seems that CC draws a fair number of newbies too. NAXJA can be a little overwhelming to the newbie MJ owners out there, so they tend to gravitate to CC.

Motion Offroad is catering to MJ owners a bit with things like rock rails (for both SB and LB) and they are working on a rear bumper for an MJ too. I for one believe Motion Offroads business practices are morally wrong, and for that reason I will never be purchasing anything from them. The fact is the OP asked about whether or not the Motion Offroad cage is worth it, I think he got his answer.

The moral of this story is "An Educated Consumer is the Best Customer".

A.

the way i see it, commanche club is at one end of the spectrum, and pirate4x4 is at the other end.
the spectrum i talk about is newb frendliness.
naxja is right in the center =)

Back