• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1995 XJ w/ 56k on the clock...

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
My search continues for another XJ...i found a 95 up in MA and was plannin on checkin it out tomorrow. Just wondering what kinda problems you guys think i would run into mechanically from it obviously either sitting for a while, or just being driven once a week for 13 years. The dealer is also asking $6000! Way to much IMO, i dont care if it had 20k on it. What would you guys offer if its in good shape?

I bought my 96 last year with 88K on the clock for less than $2500, with reasonably minimal rust for a NH jeep (rockers intact, no holes in floor). I bought it from a small time dealer who wanted to keep it for himself so he was hard on the price too. I would not spend more than $3000 on that even if it's in "great shape", because it's more likely to just have rotted out in the salt than anything, and the SUV market is tanking nowadays so use that to your advantage

Back