• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2" blocks and new leafs

xj9687

NAXJA Forum User
I didn't find really anything relating to this when i searched so i figured id ask. i have somewhat sagging rear springs their not that bad but they do sag. i was thinking of replacing them with the heavy duty ones from quadratec and was wondering if 2" blocks would have the same negative effects that they would have on the stock leaf packs. just wondering because i know that i wanna go with a 2 inch lift and i would like the heavy duty leafs so i was just wondering if blocks would be ask negative if they were used on the heavy duty ones because blocks would be the easiest way for me to go...or shackles...idk if you can just let me know if i got the heavy duty springs if shackles or blocks would be better in your own opinion...thanks for any answers if you can even sort through my rambling.

blocks are very rough on any xj leaf. if your doing a budget boost get the one with the shackles instead, same price and you won't kill your leaves.

adding shackles to stock springs will really invert them, more so than they probably are allready, id get a cheap add a leaf, they are cheap and very effective and easy to install.

Find another set of decent stock leaf packs and slip an extra main leaf (with the eyes cut off) into each of your HD packs. That should give you approximately two inches of lift, and a much better ride than most 2" add-a-leafs.

i put a set of the HD's on my old XJ and added the mains from my old packs. they old packs were sagged at least 2" but i still got 3.5" when i put them in and 6 months later they sit right at 2" and even with 3 people in the back they still hold it.

I can vouch for the shackles inverting stock leafs. I put a set on some semi saggy leafs and took a road trip with some luggage and two people in the back ( and they were not big people) and completely ruined the springs. My 30s would scrub hard on small highway bumps. Rough country 2" add-a-leaf solved the problem. Actually rides better than stock to me.

Mambeu's solution is the best. It works very good and will last. The blocks will kill your springs in a month, the shackles are not as bad, but they have issues as well.

I've been running a combo of 2.5 RE AAL and a 2 inch block with my stock leaves that have 110,000 with no sagging yet. That setup has been on for almost a year and no problems. Shackles and blocks put more stress on the leaves. My 4.5 kit is still perfectly level and the flat springs due to the blocks flex like crazy, way more than the arched full packs. I'm not saying its the best setup but it still works well

Hmm...I have add-a-leaves and home made 1 1/4 inch billet aluminum blocks for a total of 3 1/2 inches. I also have 2 1/2 spring spacers up front. The Jeep is now lifted 2 1/2 inches and sits level. The blocks have done nothing to my spring packs yet, and they have been on for over 2 1/2 years.

Back