• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RockKrawler Long arm kit.... 4 link? Confused...

Mr. Ninja

NAXJA Forum User
Been doing some searching and haven't found anything remotely close to what I'm trying to figure out.

I just picked up a bunch of stuff for a steal of a price and along with it all came 4 long arms, that i was told was from a rock krawler kit. The guy I got it from was about 95% sure that it was indeed RK. Anyhow, I see on their site they do indeed have a 4 link front kit for desert racing or something, but I'm not sure if this is indeed the one that I have. From what I've gathered RK has gone through a few different kit designs, was one of the earlier ones a 4 link? Anyway to tell? Two of the arms have a slight bend to them. The tubes seem very stout.

If this is the "desert racing" kit, am I going to be running into massive disadvantages compared to the y-link style kits everyone seems to be selling now?

And finally, anybody have any pictures of the RK 4 link kit installed/in action? I'm curious how it all went together and where things got mounted (they arms didn't come with any form of instructions and the brackets are gone)

Thanks in advance.:yelclap:

4 long control arms are better than the y-link/radius arm design IMHO. it is going to allow the suspension to flex more without binding. from what I understand, y-links start ripping mounting points off when you are using a heavy axle like a Dana 60

i wish they would sell their 4-arm kit by itself instead of as a full kit, I would be all over it.

here are some pics I snapped. I'm starting to wonder if this is indeed a RK kit. I'd like to know what it is to see if its even worth a chit or I should just use the parts to build my own, or use as a club. I'm not worried either way, I didn't pay much for 'em, but it'd be cool if it was something nifty.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Whats throwing me a bit are those fucking bracket installed on the heim joints at the end of the straight bars (right side)... wtf.

surely those are the frame mounts still attached to the arms :yikes:

......and don't call me shirley:D

It almost looks like RE, the black paint seems to be chipping off gray, and those look like SF joints.
Oh,please.RE has never built anything "HORRID" like that.Id say homebrew because if all the different ends and what looks to be the links to hook up the front upper axle side bushings.
Run,Forest,Run!!

I have no pics of the mounts as the guy didn't have them.

I'm not worried if they are junk, they were cheap...

However, they seem pretty burly, the welds look good, seems like it might be something to mess with, or perhaps rework into a 3link or y-link....or keep it 4 and build some mounts.

Anybody else recognize these bastards or have some insight?

I have the RK 4-link "prerunner" kit sitting in my garage, as stated above it looks nothing like those ones you have. I can take some pics for comparison if you need.

Back