• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

an extra 1.75" ?

boost_fr3@k

NAXJA Forum User
so...I've been looking at getting bigger tires, and am dreading the rubbing on my 4.5" lift, so, with no real intention (just for shits and giggles) I looked on Rustys, and found front 1.75" spacers for like 35 bucks, and 1.5" shackles for 60 bucks. Now I really wanna do it, just cause its so cheap.

So there's the explanation to why I'm asking the following question.

I've read the SYE FAQ, and am wondering how many of you are not using them at 4.5" or higher, and the chances are that the extra 1.75" will cause me to need one.

Im at 6in no sye. Every jeep is differnt though. This will probably be moved to the tech section.

so...I've been looking at getting bigger tires, and am dreading the rubbing on my 4.5" lift, so, with no real intention (just for shits and giggles) I looked on Rustys, and found front 1.75" spacers for like 35 bucks, and 1.5" shackles for 60 bucks. Now I really wanna do it, just cause its so cheap.

So there's the explanation to why I'm asking the following question.

I've read the SYE FAQ, and am wondering how many of you are not using them at 4.5" or higher, and the chances are that the extra 1.75" will cause me to need one.
no SYE here on my 95, auto, 231 tcase, 8.25 rear.... but i did have really bad vibes till i put the 1/2" tcase drop on. that helped, then i put 1° shims on the rear axle, that helped more, then i put a YJ slip yoke on my driveshaft and i have no more problems.

Yeah i honestly think that its all about the rig and each jeep is different form each other. I have read that some need a sye were as other with the same specs dont. I dont know man. You'll know if you need one after you install the spacers thats forsure

I started off with a D35 switched to a 8.25 which is slightly longer, added a YJ slip yoke and a 1/2 drop to the TC. Never had any vibes.

woopsie....didnt think about putting in the wrong section:doh:

6in no SYE? hmmm......sounds good to me. I dont have any drive line vibe now, so I'm thinking the extra little bit cant hurt too much

I'll have some RE shackles, and some generic spacers for sale here real soon...used of course, but still good.

Justin

no SYE here on my 95, auto, 231 tcase, 8.25 rear.... but i did have really bad vibes till i put the 1/2" tcase drop on. that helped, then i put 1° shims on the rear axle, that helped more, then i put a YJ slip yoke on my driveshaft and i have no more problems.

I'll have to look into the yj SYE.

Shims just change the angle on the rear axle right?

Why adjustable control arms?

Last edited:
Well Im at just over 4" with factory arms and it works for me. Forgot to add that along with the pinion tilting up, the whole axle also moves rearward. But right now my axle is off center by very little, very hard to notice anything at all. But I dont think I would go any higher without some type of ca drop, or longer lowers.

im looking online to see if I can find some ca drop brackets, and I'm not finding any. Where would I look for those? and do you think just dropping the control arms would be enough to avoid any pinion problems?

right now I'm on a Rusty's 4.5" kit, I havent ever measured ride height from the hub, but I'm just going to assume that its the 4.5" If I end up with another 1.75 in front, and 1.5 in the rear, that would put me at 6.25 front, 6 rear.

I have the rustys trac bar that came wth the kit, and I'm assuming I would have to replace that completely.

Back