• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Super 35 kit

Check the forsale ads, there is a Scout D44 for sale for $300. If not that, a Ford 8.8 with brakets and such should be around $600. An XJ D44 can be found for at least $400. I know these don't have lockers but the axle flex is your killer on the D35. The thing is that the D35 with the Superkit may stand to to whatever you throw at it, but when you can get beeter axle housings for a lot less and a lot stronger, it's better to do some shopping.

You can also check out POR or www.car-parts.com great search for junked car parts.

I believe your money would be better spent on a different housing. The D35 just doesn't stand up to anything rougher than moderate grocery-getting. An XJ D44 or a 97+ 8.25 will bolt right in and be worry free for you. A Ford 8.8 out of a 95+ Explorer is stout and has discs, but requires some fabbing for spring and shock mounts, and is a bit narrower than stock.
Out of self-interest, I'd recommend you take a look at my post on the For Sale board entitled "locked 29 spline 8.25" - it comes with a No-Slip locker.

The reason I'm wondering is that I found a super 35 kit for 450 and d35s are very easily (and cheaply) attainable. So I figured if the super 35 kit makes the d35 a decent axle, I could have a bolt in axles with a detroit for around 500 bones. I also already have gears for a d35 which would make things convienient (gears are an arm and a leg for a chry 8.25).

I am running a welded D44, when I go out on the trails my rearend is the last thing I think about breaking. You can upgrade the D35 with stronger axels and a truss but at the end of the day it's still a D35. You still have to address the weak carier and pinion. I think that the "bang for your buck" lies in the D44 or the 8.25. You can always sell what you have and use that money towards regearing the 44 or 8.25

I run a d35 with a super kit and detroit I also run 33,s and 35,s I have never had any trouble with it although it has olny been in a year..

OK he super 35 is not a bad deal it has held up to 37s and not let go yt and thats running it hard as heck drive shafts ad front warn shafts have broken but no super 35 breakage yet

I'm not kiddding. My good friend owns his own $X$ shop snf hsd brn running a super 35 kit on his XJ with37 in claws and flat out hamers on his jep since he just dosent care if he brekes it or not. He flat out powered his way up helicopterpad at telico and it did let go. I can't explain it but its held up. and he is just as hard as I am (when you can crawl it harmer it) Iam i saying that the super kit is the best thing out there no but this whole web welling thing has realy given it a bad rqpe over th yeras(expeciaily the non-clip ones.zi hsvr s good finrd thatis still running a lockrd 35c in her TJ with 33" mtrs and walks 7 trsild snf hsn't broken a shaft yet either but ai make sure she has spares everytime she goes out aswell.

Back