• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted: Stock Axle (35/8.25)

DanHfmn

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a direct swap for my '01. Just a street jeep so I'm not picky on what axle, I just want something that's in good shape.

I'm not sure yet, or even if it's the axle. At speed there's a lot of noise coming out of the rear end. If you do about 70mph it gets pretty loud, if I get off the gas it goes away. Also, if you alternate coasting, and then applying a little gas, you can hear gear noises in the rear. I think it's a noise when the ring gear is going from the coast side to the drive side.
There's also a clicking noise when coasting, but that could be something else (tcase/tranny).

I don't know if it can be adjusted, I know these 8.25's have threaded adjusters for backlash.

Not sure if the shorter driveshaft would help, I put my brother's in the jeep and it made the same noises/vibes as mine. Of course his is the same length, so it really just eliminated my ujoints.

I really don't know, it *sounds* like the rear end, but it's probably really hard to tell. The tcase shifter isn't shaking/vibrating like I thought it would if there was an issue.

No idea how I'd determine if it was the tcase.

Back