• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5L automatic TPS

xjintx

NAXJA Forum User
OK, after much searching and testing I have determined my TPS is bad. I want to replace ASAP. All the local parts places and our one Jeep dealer state the TPS for my 1987 2.5L automatic is no longer available :( they all have for manual trans.

I looked on the net and found a jeep friendly vendor that said they had one even though I explained what I was told. He confirmed they had it so I ordered. came yesterday and it appears incorrect. MOPAR 33000169 it has no pig tails for ECU nor trans.

I emailed them the challenge and here is their reply:

Our vendors stated that this part was also correct for auto trans 2.5 liter engines but after researching this with our owner he did find out that the auto one is different and needs the wires attatched to the sensor. We checked online with the Jeep dealers across the states and found no one to have any in stock in their inventories and we also checked with our vendors to see if they made this part. No one had this available. We have called every parts store and checked local stores with no luck. We will be happy to take that part back for a full refund. Please call us back at ?????????? and ask for Sue or Melissa between 9-5 central mon-fri . They will give instruction on that. Meanwhile you may try a used part. Give a call to a place called Montana Overland at 406-741-5337 and ask for George. He may be able to help you out.
Sorry about the mix up. We will correct the web site so this will not happen again.

I have called George and he is looking. Does anyone know a place or how I may replace? Can this one I have be modified to work?

Better yet does anyone have one ;)

Blue Skies & Dusty Roads,
Roger

Back