• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do I tell how much back spacing my wheels have?

90Pioneer

NAXJA Forum User
I have a set of 15x8 AR767s mounted on 33x12.5 Trxus MTs.

How do I tell how much back spacing these wheels have? Is there any way I can do it with them still mounted on my jeep?

Does it affect anything if you run a wheel/tire with a different back spacing than the other 3?

Backspacing is the distance from the plane of the mounting surface (where the wheel rests against the hubs) to the inner bead of the wheel (the bead closer to the vehicle centerline).

HighPerf_graph1.gif

probably, get a tape measure, and see if you can. I wouldnt want to run 2 different backspaced wheels.

i run 33 X 12.5 X 15 inch tire on aftermarket wheels with a 3.75 - 4 inch backspacing. can't remember exactly. they stick out but don't rub.

PICT0006.jpg

Well I *think* my wheels have a 4" back spacing on them, but I can't remember if it's 4 or 4.5".

I was given a new matching spare tire and wheel as a gift. The new wheel has 4.5" back spacing on it. I'm really anal and want to be sure they all match exactly.

It's definately not something that is easy to measure accurately.

90Pioneer said:
Well I *think* my wheels have a 4" back spacing on them, but I can't remember if it's 4 or 4.5".

I was given a new matching spare tire and wheel as a gift. The new wheel has 4.5" back spacing on it. I'm really anal and want to be sure they all match exactly.

Well, if you're not looking for the actual backspace measurement, but just checking for a "match," I'd measure the "frontspacing" since it'll be much easier on the jeep. Run a straightedge across the front bulge of the tire, and measure back to the base of the lugnuts. Repeat for your new spare...

Robert

90Pioneer said:

Take it off the Jeep:gee:

Back