• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender Trimming Question

CO303XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering what people are using to cover the edge of the fenders after trimming; I've searched through this site and others. I'm more just looking for options and what would be the best route, I'd like something that will last a while and looks good too. Thanks.

I use a product that can be picked up at about any auto upholstery shop, I believe that it is called "trim lock" and it is cheap as well, like less then $.75 a ft. It is a black trim that looks pretty clean and also helps to keep from slicing your tire if you acidentally get the tire into the cut fender. I actually have a spool of it right now that I would sell ya some off of if you were interested. I bought a 100 ft spool and have quite a bit left. PM me if interested.

Hurculiner!
350njeq.jpg
I know you can go to napa and order 50ft rolls of black trim lock though.

Are you just needing it for your front fenders? I am not sure how or if it would work on the rear fenders. I am located in Northern Missouri right now, but I am a drifter :D I'll PM ya on the price. As far as pictures, I have some of my rig, but they are not close ups to really see the trim. I'll get ya a link for the pics though.

not the best picture of it but it is all I have at the office, but you can see that it blends well and does not stick out like a sore thumb.
DLU_9761.JPG

Nice looking XJ! I'd like to see a close-up picture.

What do people use for rear fenders if you just do relief cuts between the pinch welds and fold them over?

that is what I did on my rear fenders and I cut and folded the rear quarters. There are a ton of threads on here about cut and folding the rear fenders/quarters. Do a search on fender trimming and you will be amazed, and possibly confused :D

Back