• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 30 lockrite in a chrysler 8.25?

I wasn't gonna touch it....

.....where's my popcorn? The show is about to begin....

:D

Dude it will not work, will you think about it for just a second? Seriously if this worked, why do you think Aussie Locker would have spent 2+ years working on a 29 spline version of the 8.25 Aussie? They still don't have one out, if they could use a front everyone would be doing it. Just because the spline counts are the same doesnt mean the carrier size, spline size, shaft diameter are the same. But yes flaming makes us feel good.

Thanks for playing.

-Alex

the answer is NO. if it would fit it would be labled as D30/Chrysler 8.25 lockrite.

I'm not gonna flame you for thinking outside the box. Yes they are both 27 spline, but I would bet it has to do with axle diameter and carrier fit. Maybe a top notch machinist could make it work, but it would be alot of trial and error.

finally someone who can somewhat agree with me:cheers:
i have a d30 lockrite and a 2wd xj on 33s, do the math. oh and no money...:doh:

I'm not gonna flame you for thinking outside the box. Yes they are both 27 spline, but I would bet it has to do with axle diameter and carrier fit.
It won't work because the D30 is a steering axle and the 8.25 is not. That's also why you can't use 8.25 axles in a D30 unless you weld the knuckles. The D30 shafts won't fit the 8.25 because the axle tube isn't large enough to fit the ears and U-joints of the D30 shafts.

HTH

finally someone who can somewhat agree with me:cheers:
i have a d30 lockrite and a 2wd xj on 33s, do the math. oh and no money...:doh:

so why not sell the d3o lockrite & buy 8.25 lockrite? they have one for 27 spline.

Hey I'll prolly get hammered in the Den for sticking up for you looking outside the box. But that is how most of us learned what works and what doesn't. Keep reading and surfing this forum and you will learn ALOT.

Back