• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how does this track bar mount work?

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/m...0_925&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=FABParts

hey everybody. one of the last things i need to do to my waggy 44 before its done is buy a track bar mount. now TNTs got em for 70 for OTK steering. i just found one of these for sale, and want to buy it, but im not seeing how it works. ive got a TNT truss/mount system, so theres really nowhere ontop of the axle for it to be welded on.

if its welded on the side of the axle by that 1 piece that flares out then im not really seeing how thats strong enough to support the load, and doesn't even look as strong as the stock set up??

good part or no?

Both sides get welded up, not just the flared side.

That is a great piece, its designed to go onto a D30, or D44 with custom brackets.

The back piece gets welded to the axle tube, and the front flare gets welded to the coil bucket...

With the TNT truss, some trimming of the bracket may be required - but it is a quality piece. I ran it on my D44 swap for a long time till I needed something different in my last revision.

here are a few shots of the TB mount -
stp81908.jpg

stp81927.jpg

stp81930.jpg

The steering is in the way, but hopefully the idea is shown there - the long flange gets welded to the axle tube, and the short flange gets welded to the coil bucket...

Last edited:
looks good.

i was thinking it was only welded onto the axle tube by the one curved side, which was a no go for me. but that seems like it should be strong enough

can anybody confirm itll work with the TNT truss with a little work?
and how are the angles with stock OTK 44 steering?

cant really see from your pics because its unloaded

Its a good bracket. I used on my turd upgrade(d30). Like the previous guy said, you may have to trim a little, but the braket is a great place to start.

Why don't you want to get a trackbar bracket from TNT? They have them for regular steering, over the knuckle, and hi-steer. I have the hi-steer bracket on my TNT truss, and it works perfect. It might be a couple extra dollars compared to the JKS, but the TNT bracket looks like its heck of a lot stronger, and is meant for the truss you have. I would definitely get the TNT bracket.

Saving $16 doesn't seem worth it to me if its choosing between a part that is specifically made for the TNT truss, or a part that is made for welding to the axle tube, in which you would have to modify to fit on the truss. If you are going through the expense of building a 44, then why not make sure it all works together.

Back