• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AIG exec's party with the bailout money

So basically we gave the drunken step-brother, with a penchant for partying, an $85billion loan and surprise surprise, he spent $440,000 on a lavish retreat with a bunch of his buddies? Awesome, glad to know that the bailout is working as planned.

You guys need to do more research on this before you jump to the media-led conclusions.
This "retreat" was a planned retreat for INDEPENDENT INSURANCE BROKERS of AIG...this was not an executive retreat. This was for the leading sales brokers for AIG which are the people who bring in the most revenue for the company and keep them afloat, providing jobs for people, helping to grow the economy. Yeah, if this was an executive getaway planned post-bailout, I'd be pissed as hell. But this was a reward for the companies top revenue generators. This was a reward for their top performance. Any capitalist won't have an issue with this...only hate filled ultra-liberals who base their life on jealousy and regret.

This is just another case of the media not telling the truth or the whole story...surprised??? Shouldn't be...

uhh, I dont care how much money they made, the company was in the hole and the taxpayers had to bail they out for some 85 billion, they they go on a "retreat"

How can they be top earners when the company is going under?

And even if they wanted a retreat, a week after the bail out and over 400K?

bit much eh?

And I am far from a liberal, if the company was doing good, I wouldnt give a crud, but when its going under and we are bailing them out they shouldnt be wasting our money...

IMHO

lol, I wish we could do that...

Its basic economics, I learned that in school.

They tell you the stocks are a good way to make a lot of money, but its very risky and you could also lose a lot of money.

So WTF your allowed to make a bunch, but not lose it. I say tough luck to the companys who made bad decisions and good job to those whom are staying afloat...

Back