• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what to fabricate for my jeep

mitsumotors

NAXJA Forum User
i just started a new job and i work in a machine shop. i have access to pretty much any steel working tool you could imagine. now within reason(because i probably couldn't get away with building something huge like a bumper, rock sliders or a roof rack) what should i build? i need ideas.:spin1:

there we go, now that is something i can do!! the thing is that i can't think of these things without a little help. also, i want to do some homemade skid plates. does anyone know of anyone else who has done this? maybe some picks of homemade skids? thanks

well, there are other people working in the shop that are rats and if they see me working on something big and obviouse on work time they may get me in shit.

ah, gotcha.

thanks! me too!

well, there are other people working in the shop that are rats and if they see me working on something big and obviouse on work time they may get me in shit.
Hmm... Crazy though, maybe build stuff on your own time?

if i bore out my TB will i need a new throttle plate?
Depends on how large you go. If you go to 60mm (taking out the lower taper) you will not. Anything larger than that will require a new throttle plate.
So.... work during work and do your non-work stuff after hours? :twak:

well, i'm just starting to train to become a machinist and my supervisor wants me to get lots of experience doing different things, so he said i can make things for myself because alot of the work related things we make are boring and repetitive. but if people in other departments find out they will want us to make stuff for them and so on.

and i can't work after hours because the shop is closed and locked up. its a high security building because i work for Manitoba Hydro and it is a huge corporation that produces electricity for over 1/8 of north america.

well... building a bumper can be a slow, step-by-step process if you choose to make it so... you could burn your frame plates one day. bolt them on at home. do your basic framing another day. skin it another day, then paint it... just don't let your own projects take up too much time

Back