• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP!!!! where can i get this part or does anyone have it?????

pimpgixxer04

NAXJA Forum User
im talking about the door alignment piece or whatever that little metal thing is... my driver side door is missing it and it wont shut all the way.....someone please help!!

whatthe002.jpg

That's to keep the door from opening too far and damaging your hinges (or door). It doesn't affect alignment, nor would the lack of one keep your door from closing.

I would guess the hinge is either bent, or the welds securing it are giving out. I've seen both, but I'm not sure which is a more common issue, or if that's the case with yours. It shouldn't too hard to tell by looking at it.

As stated above, sounds like your door got sprung too far open, do to your missing stop.

ya i just looked at it...it is my hinge seperating from the door and so is my passenger side door..that blows...where can i get this fixed and would it be expensive?

Any good body shop should be able to spring it back & align the door.

ya i just looked at it...it is my hinge seperating from the door and so is my passenger side door..that blows...where can i get this fixed and would it be expensive?

That part will unbolt from the door.. You can buy new ones at the dealer...

Not sure of the cost.. Might try some of your local savage yards for good used ones..

Good Luck
Nick

X2 on the hinges check them make sure the bolts are tight

Back