• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dishwasher safe?

Jes

NAXJA Memeber #293 URF Racing
NAXJA Member
I have some IPF offroad lights and the lenz covers are dirty. I need to wash them but could use a little help. Are they dishwasher safe or will they warp if I put them in there? Any insight would be appreciated.

I would wash them on the "low energy" setting. That turns off the heating element in my dishwasher. I've washed some plastic stuff like that in mine and it's come out OK.

soak um in a somewhat diluted bath of Simple Green, Cleaned the heck out of mine, I left them in there for 2 day, then hosed them out they were like new. good luck, The dishwasher would be fast though......

The main problem I see with this is that the load won't be full and you don't want your lens to come in contact with any hot pocket spooge so you should not put regular dishes in with the lenses.

To fill up the load I would suggest putting in your wiring harness in a DW does a great job of cleaning wiring and what not. After you do this your voltage will go up as will fuel mileage.

Gary E said:
The main problem I see with this is that the load won't be full and you don't want your lens to come in contact with any hot pocket spooge so you should not put regular dishes in with the lenses.

To fill up the load I would suggest putting in your wiring harness in a DW does a great job of cleaning wiring and what not. After you do this your voltage will go up as will fuel mileage.

SPBOI

We're talking the covers here.

Duh. :D

--ron

Definitely don't wash them with anything from which you ate spaghetti.
Ever seen what that tomato sauce will do to a white plastic bowl?

Gary E said:

Let's not forget how effective Electosol is at removing deposits from that nasty old TPS....:twak:

J/K

You guys are showing NO mercy at all, which is good :D. I'd not use the dishwasher for two reasons, one my wife would hand me my ass and it's much easier and faster to just clean them with a good cleaner. Now the dishwasher on the other hand works really well for removing dust from the laser in the head unit....

Does a great job of cleaning up an empty TH350 case when you get ready to rebuild too....

:D:D:D:D

Only recommended at the end of an apartment lease when you KNOW you ain't getting that security deposit back....

non-stick said:
Does a great job of cleaning up an empty TH350 case when you get ready to rebuild too....

:D:D:D:D

Only recommended at the end of an apartment lease when you KNOW you ain't getting that security deposit back....

you know this how?........... :D

Paul S said:
Doesn't your detailer wash them?

Paul

He should have pointed out they were greasy and then you would have known.

Jes, for the soap use liquid Cascade only. The powder stuff will cause pits.

Bring them up this weekend, we'll put them in the dishwasher with the quail we'll need cleaned!

CRASH said:
...the quail we'll need cleaned!

You may want to rethink that. Jes was explaining to me how quail were fisty little guys that had a tendency to drink too much beer. If you go make sure he's in front and doens't turn.

It's OK, we'll be safe, we're hunting up on Brokeback Mountain.

Lincoln said:
You may want to rethink that. Jes was explaining to me how quail were fisty little guys that had a tendency to drink too much beer. If you go make sure he's in front and doens't turn.

I was somewhat dissapointed in the responses untill you posted.

We'll be hunting illtempered quail this weekend. Dick Cheney is flying out and he's agreed to take the place of the dogs to flush them out.

May the both of you have itchy trigger fingers and many shells.

Butt shots are the key. Not because they're better but becuase they make me laugh more.

Back