• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strange problems

mknack

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 XJ classic with about 108,000 miles now. Its got a 6.5 inch lift, 4.11 gears, lockers, and 33 inch tires. Recently, I changed the tranmission pan seal and filter and the oil pan seal and rear main seal (Pain in the ass and it still leaks). After doing this work, I noticed that the jeep had a noticeable stumble while driving when the motor was cold. It would shut off while driving and then restart a second later. It would onlyt do this once when I first started it that day.

I checked on a few posts here and sent out some questions and got a bunch of great replies. Since then, I have replaced the TPS, CPS and camshaft position sensors. I also tested the o2 sensors which turned out the upstream ones were dead. Replaced both upstream sensors (CA Model) and put in new spark plugs just in case. My Mileage before all of this was about 12 to 15 MPG average. My mileage went down to about 6 MPG after changing the pan and seals. (Very ouch) right now I average about 60 miles to a half tank of gas (highway).

I also got a cel that after checking reported a 2/1 catalyst efficiency. After replacing everything above, the light went out and has not come back on, however, my mileage is still crap. It went up to about 9 now, but that cant be normal. Any ideas of anything else that could do this? I getting tired, and a little poor, just changing out parts not knowing what the actual problem is anymore.

Help!!!!!!

Back