• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'93 XJ Dead-No Spark at Coil

RWD

NAXJA Forum User
Turned off the XJ for just a few hours and then it wouldn't start. I checked many of the other threads and it sounded like the CPS. I bought a new one (80.00 Autozone..ouch!) and still no spark. I replaced the coil with one from my other XJ that runs and still no spark.. Should I try swapping out the computer or ECM next? Any other suggestions or comments? Thanks!

I was in the SAME EXACT spot as you, BUT mine is a renix, i unplugged the ECM and plugged it back in a minute later, fired right up!

EDIT: $80.00? i spent 29.99

Re: '93 XJ Dead-No Spark at Coil..Still Please Help!

Well so far I have replaced the coil with a known good one, the computer with a known good one, and the crank sensor with a new one. I checked all the grounds, removed and re-installed them. I verified that I had power from the ignition to the computer "start/no start" pin (#9) on the computer harness. I also verified that the shutdown relay was pulling in. I does have plenty of fuel pressure, just no spark from the coil. PLEASE help! My daughter is driving this XJ and I am really tired of being her TAXI! THANKS in advance to all who help and THANK YOU to those who have helped so far....Including those who replied to the many other posts from XJ'ers with similar prob's.

The coil on my XJ is mounted directly to the block. Where is the ICU?? There is 12v at the coil with the ignition on.

Camshaft sensor can cause a no spark condition at the coil?? If so I will give it a try! I'm willing to try anything at this point. I pulled every grounding point in the manual, cleaned, scraped, and re-tightened with no effect. I also tried the battery disconnect and re-connect to reset the computer. Still, no spark! Any help would be great!

Back