• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shipping an axle

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

I need to get 2 complete axles from Reno, NV to Lake Forest, CA. The guy will palletize them for me. All I have to do is arrange the pick-up. I was thinking of driving up and getting them, but thats a long drive to turn around. I got a quote from Fedex (sorry Johnny). They quoted me $394 door-to-door, 1 day transit.

I am looking for advice or company recommendations.

The axles will not be ready for two weeks. By the way, these are for my wife's TJ... D30 front and D44 rear with 3.73 gears. Almost brand new out of a 2006 LJ with 40 miles on it!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Forward Air has always been reasonable. If they are on a pallet, Yellow Freight can handle them.

old_man said:
Forward Air has always been reasonable. If they are on a pallet, Yellow Freight can handle them.

Thanks,

I will look them up tomorrow and give them a call.

One day shipping is expensive. Check the rates for FedEx Ground or (gasp) UPS Ground.

xjohnnyc said:
One day shipping is expensive. Check the rates for FedEx Ground or (gasp) UPS Ground.

I called FedEx frieght. he said it was a one day transit, but no extra charge. I am hoping to get this done for less than $300...

old_man said:
Yellow Freight

I am deeply offended.

rpraterxj said:
I called FedEx frieght. he said it was a one day transit, but no extra charge. I am hoping to get this done for less than $300...

I wish I still had my 75% discount.

xjohnnyc said:
I am deeply offended.
I wish I still had my 75% discount.

:roflmao:

Me too... you have any connections that owe you a favor? ;)

GSequoia said:
Robert - got a loading dock you can use? It'll make it cheaper for some carriers...

Oh yeah? Where abouts is it at? Can you PM me the addy so I can get quotes for it? Once I get the date solidified, maybe we can talk about having it delivered to your location, then I will drive up and grab them from you.

Thanks,

GSequoia said:
Sorry, I mean do YOU have a loading dock you can use?

I work in a high rise. I don't. :D

Oh, sorry. I should have noticed the punctuation...:confused1

So, does anyone close-by have aloading dock I could have these shipped to? I would pick them up the day they came in, so NO storage would be necessary..

http://www.freightquote.com/

I've used them MANY times, and shipped some big heavy stuff (once a pair of dana 60's from maine to LA). I've never beat their price.

Normally I'd offer to have them shipped to my office (we have a forklift, that qualifies for the discount) but its out for repair for the next week or two ;)

-C

I have a fork lift here at work if you wanted them shipped to anaheim (91 & 57).

In the past I removed guts from each housing and just wrapped the housing in seran wrap and then just shipped the empty housing separate from the box containing diff, and alxes and brakes. You just have to cut it down to 150lbs or less for Fedex ground. Hell I even shipped TJ hard doors (2 separate casings) through fedex ground.

Also it may be alot cheaper to just have a frieght company quote ya to a local (here it may be LAX) station, for you to pick up.

rpraterxj said:

Robert, Call Trump Card.....

they are a freight company, very good service, very good pricing...

If you need to have them palletized and delivered to a commercial address, you can ship to my work and I can offload them with the forklift, then you can drive over and get them...

zjmikey said:
Robert, Call Trump Card.....

they are a freight company, very good service, very good pricing...

If you need to have them palletized and delivered to a commercial address, you can ship to my work and I can offload them with the forklift, then you can drive over and get them...

Cool! Thanks Michaal. Can you PM me the address so I can get a quote? I don't have a date yet as the guy needs to pull the axles first.

Thanks a ton!

try,

freightquote.com

try

trumpcardinc.com

try allied freight service

try allstates cargo

Back