• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

finished my hack n tap

iroll919

NAXJA Forum User
i just got done installing my RE hack and tap and CV driveshaft and i somehow managed to not drill the hole in the output shaft dead in the cent and it is off a little bit but everything is still connected and so far working just fine

i just wanted to make sure this wasnt going to cause any problems does anybody know if that could mess anything up

thanks

3 years now without any problems with a bolt that's not perfectly centered.

x3 no problems at all, Ive installed about 5 now and i dont think any of them were exactly centered... Its been almost 3 years on mine and its still going strong.

Same here, mine was as close to center as i could get it, but the hole in the adapter is a little oversized compared to the bolt and all it really does is keep that piece on, so it doesnt really seem to matter as long as its not completely off center. Not a single problem with mine.

i just got done installing my RE hack and tap and CV driveshaft and i somehow managed to not drill the hole in the output shaft dead in the cent and it is off a little bit but everything is still connected and so far working just fine

i just wanted to make sure this wasnt going to cause any problems does anybody know if that could mess anything up

thanks

I drilled mine so far off on my first Jeep that I had to open up the hole in the flange! Never had a single problem with it though :cheers:
Billy

Centering the punch

When I installed my RE hNt, I put the RE flange on the shaft and used a rubber grommet to center my punch in the hole on the flange. The end result, an almost perfectly centered punch mark. Drilling and tapping took some time of course, and in the end the hole seemed very centered and straight. Thread lock red? in my case it hardly seemed necessary, the bolt fit in the hole very very snuggly(without damage to the threads or bolt though). Red thread lock would probably sieze it in there permenately, in my case. But certainly use it if it threads in and out easily.

I have a 98 manual transmission, and with manual trans I would recommend finding the right zj front shaft to use because it is longer than the xj auto front shaft. the collapsed length of the zj shaft was 1.5" longer than the xj shaft ( I had both sitting in my garage) and I still wish I had another .5 to .75" in length

i didnt have any red in the garage but i put a good amount of blue on there i figure it will be fine that bolt was already tight in there with nothing

thanks for all the responses guys!

Back