• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Generational Divide

buschwhaked

NAXJA Forum User
So, I haven't thought this through totally to give a complete opinion, but I wanted to get your thoughts.

How do you think the generational gap between the two Presidential candidates is effecting the campaign?

I know it's broad question but there are many facets that come into play.

Thoughts?

That will depend on how many young first time voters show up to vote.

I'm thinking more along the way the two candidates approach problems and their style of thinking through it. Then, how that would effect the way the way they are president.

For example: Obama is younger and may not be so mired into seeing problems through the lens of the past, but the experience McCain has brings self reliance during a crises.

I may cast my vote purely on who our enemies want to win.........I will vote for the other.

:patriot:

There will be many IMO. You have a half-black politician running for president, many people will vote based on that fact alone.

Fixed it for you....

I'm thinking more along the way the two candidates approach problems and their style of thinking through it. Then, how that would effect the way the way they are president.

For example: Obama is younger and may not be so mired into seeing problems through the lens of the past, but the experience McCain has brings self reliance during a crises.

I think Obama is young, naive and brainwashed enough to believe he can really change the world - and with Pelosi's hand up his ass, I'm afraid they might just crash this 747 into a....

waaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute....:gag:

I'm not walking into that one....

(anyone else see the similarities...? I tried to make it obvious enough)

generational gap

The fact that one of them was smoking crack, drinking whiskey, and getting bombed on mary jane. while the other was getting his arms and fingers broken in a prison camp is not a generational gap.

Its a "fundamental" difference in the way they view this country.

Die for it.
or
Put up with it until you can "change" it to suit you.

You may call them generational issues; but I call them moral decisions that show character.

The fact that one of them was smoking crack, drinking whiskey, and getting bombed on mary jane. while the other was getting his arms and fingers broken in a prison camp is not a generational gap.

Its a "fundamental" difference in the way they view this country.

Die for it.
or
Put up with it until you can "change" it to suit you.

You may call them generational issues; but I call them moral decisions that show character.

AMEN!

:cheers:

Seems to me like one of them believes that the federal government and the U.N. can solve all problems.

The other believes the federal government can solve most of our problems.

I think Obama is young, naive and brainwashed enough to believe he can really change the world - and with Pelosi's hand up his ass, I'm afraid they might just crash this 747 into a....

waaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute....:gag:

I'm not walking into that one....

(anyone else see the similarities...? I tried to make it obvious enough)
You'r so ignorant...

737, get it right:anon:

:cheers: thanks for the correction...my bad...

You'r so ignorant...

737, get it right:anon:
hmm
Well I beg to differ.

airforce one is a 747-200B or a C-32 for short runways, they have had different ones but those are the two that will carry the pres around right now.
... what were we talking about again?
:eyes:

I like how they all tout that Obama is an "educated" guy.

Well ya know thats great and all, but I think PRACTICAL experience is worth a hell of a lot more than a pretty piece of paper that says " HAA'VAAAD " on it.

I like how they all tout that Obama is an "educated" guy.

Well ya know thats great and all, but I think PRACTICAL experience is worth a hell of a lot more than a pretty piece of paper that says " HAA'VAAAD " on it.
EHhh, If he was born in Harvard and raised in Harvard, and never left Harvard, i would agree:hang:

Palins been stuck up in alaska trying to perfect her eggnog and control the heat in all the igloo's. what's the point of bashing Obama for Practical experience when theres a good chance that Women would have to take over for Mccain? have you noticed how old he is?:roflmao:

EHhh, If he was born in Harvard and raised in Harvard, and never left Harvard, i would agree:hang:

Palins been stuck up in alaska trying to perfect her eggnog and control the heat in all the igloo's. what's the point of bashing Obama for Practical experience when theres a good chance that Women would have to take over for Mccain? have you noticed how old he is?:roflmao:

While the igloo is a great arugment, its funny how quickly people discard her 12 years in public office and education because she is from Alaska and a Woman. While Obama has not even been in the senate for 2 years.

She runs a state...

He runs to get coffee for the Sr IL senator and Pelosi. He votes with his party 96% of the time.

Its not about ifs or buts...because if you want to get into that, then Biden will probably serve longer as president than Obama would if he got elected. In reality, we have 3 inexperienced people, and one extremely inexperienced, but on the verge of death, person.

Again...just shocking and sad that neither party could come up with anything better....

Back