• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick shock question

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
looking at a set of 2 front edelbrock performer ias shocks, some old stock at a parts store for $100 cash deal? They are for a tj, shocks any good?

i had a set on my 04 tj, w/ 2" lift, i did not like them, u could feel every bump n th road really rough, i might still have them, if u wnat em

i had a set on my 04 tj, w/ 2" lift, i did not like them, u could feel every bump n th road really rough, i might still have them, if u wnat em

was it just your suspension set up or your shock? I'm replacing some procrap shocks that work well for the couple years they lasted, and was happy with them. I can get bilsteins for not much more, but not before a oct 12 wheeling trip I'm commited to.

well I got them both for $40 dollars, I neededed something quick for a wheelin trip on the 12th, (yeah we can't get jack here,it's all like 2-3 weeks away) The compressed measurement is the same, the extended is 2 " shorter. I am installing jks shock conversion and bpe's at the same time. Does it make sense to build a one inch spacer kinda like here: http://go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoShockSpacers.htm? Or am I better off just wheeling on my blown shocks? Either way I'm getting bilsteins. Just kind of need something to get me by for now,

Back