• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

did my homebrew longarm setup....how do i measure tis?

markg

NAXJA Forum User
i set the arms ar roughly the same length.i get about a 1/2 in difference measuring from wheel ceenter to wheel center.before i adjust is this how i should be setting this?

sorry ...i was in a hurry
i set the longarms to roughly the same length before i installed them.after it was all on and looked good i took a tape and measured from the center of the rear wheels to the center of the front wheels.(actually the outer edge of the rims)this is when i noticed that there was a 1/2 in defference from one side to the other.is thyis how i should measure this or should i be coming off of a common point on the frame(unibdy)somewhere?it drives great and tracks very well as it is.

You said you set them to roughly the same length? They should be exact, assuming your mounting points are the same since you said homebrew...

Pics would help!

sorry ...i was in a hurry
i set the longarms to roughly the same length before i installed them.after it was all on and looked good i took a tape and measured from the center of the rear wheels to the center of the front wheels.(actually the outer edge of the rims)this is when i noticed that there was a 1/2 in defference from one side to the other.is thyis how i should measure this or should i be coming off of a common point on the frame(unibdy)somewhere?it drives great and tracks very well as it is.

a common point on the unibody is a better method. As it sits, the read could be off and you'd be compensating in the front trying to correct it.

Back