• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Loser thread

HaleYes

NAXJA Forum User
This thread is for the poor, broke losers that aren't going to Moab....including myself.

The worst part is that ILLXJ is going. I work with him. He will return with pics and stories that I'll have to listen to. Kinda like salt in a gaping wound.

It's just not in the cards for me. We made a land purchase and my Moab fund was down payment. It was just something that we couldn't pass up. If we wouldn't have bought it, we'd likely never get the opportunity again. I'm already sulking over the fact that I won't be in Moab this coming week. Going to be a long week. I've got 3 acres though!

Waaaa!!! Woe is me!!!!!

:rattle::rattle::rattle:

I'm going, But only becuase I flopped my rig last month and have since sold every usefull part off it to finance the trip.

It's just not in the cards for me. We made a land purchase . . . I've got 3 acres though!

Congrats on the land! We bought our 3 acre piece of heaven (except that it's in Illinois) last year. Of course, this trip means there may not be any building for another year or two - but as long as no one tells my wife it'll be WAY worth it.
We'll miss ya!

Congrats on the land! We bought our 3 acre piece of heaven (except that it's in Illinois) last year. Of course, this trip means there may not be any building for another year or two - but as long as no one tells my wife it'll be WAY worth it.
We'll miss ya!
Congrats to you too!

....and I'll miss you too Jeff.

Be safe and have a good trip.:thumbup:

Hope to see you at Winterfest.

Congrats to you too!

....and I'll miss you too Jeff.

Be safe and have a good trip.:thumbup:

Hope to see you at Winterfest.

I almost forgot to share the best part!! Our new property's address is on . . .

ROCKY Street:exclamati

:crybaby: due to other commitments I can't go. This is the first one I'll miss in 5 years (or is it 6?). This bites the big one :( I was so ready for this...

I had to bail also after drawing a very hard to get bull elk tag in a honey hole of an area. The average time between draws for bulls in this area is 6-7 years, so there was no way I could pass it up. As much as I wanted to make Moab, it's just not gonna happen this year. :dunno:

I had to bail also after drawing a very hard to get bull elk tag in a honey hole of an area. The average time between draws for bulls in this area is 6-7 years, so there was no way I could pass it up. As much as I wanted to make Moab, it's just not gonna happen this year. :dunno:

SELL THAT TAG!

Just think of all the raffle tickets you could buy!

:rattle:

(This is not sarcasm, it is really how I feel)

My mom decided she wanted to come out to ABQ for the Ballon Fiesta. So I will be showing my mom around New Mexico for the week.

Sweet. Good luck!

SHow her around Moab. Its more beautiful anyway...far less sand everywhere. :D

The thought had crossed my mind! She refuses to try and get in my XJ though and I don't think she would do well on the trail anyways.

<grumble> I'm heading east, to see Dad now that he's out of the hospital.

Have fun, ya rats.

Count me in on the loser group too. To much pressing work to be done in the shop plus a lack of willingness to spend that much coin for a trip. It would eat up most of my local wheeling trips for the next season :(

I missed the 20th... made it to the next fall fling. Missing the 25th... probably making the next one. :(

I suppose I should own up to being a :looser: too.

Just because I was pounding the pavement for seven months and finally came up with a new gig is no excuse. I just didn't have the balls to tell my new boss I was skipping out for Utah for a couple of weeks. Turned my back on all my old NAXJA buds for the sweet taste of a regular paycheck again!

Have a blast guys - I'll sure miss ya. I guess I'll have to be satisfied polishing up the 20th memento plate some more. I'll get back before the 30th - that's for sure!

:bawl:

MG :patriot:

I suppose I should own up to being a :looser: too.

Just because I was pounding the pavement for seven months and finally came up with a new gig is no excuse. I just didn't have the balls to tell my new boss I was skipping out for Utah for a couple of weeks. Turned my back on all my old NAXJA buds for the sweet taste of a regular paycheck again!

Have a blast guys - I'll sure miss ya. I guess I'll have to be satisfied polishing up the 20th memento plate some more. I'll get back before the 30th - that's for sure!

:bawl:

MG :patriot:
You didn't have a phone interview from Top of the World, Mike? :D

I'll hoist a beer or 3 in your direction this week.

Back