• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NSS Compatibility?

Littlewhitexj

NAXJA Forum User
Can I use the NSS from any XJ with the AW4 in my 98?
or only from an HO?
or only from a 97+?

Basically, mine is on its way out (no reverse lights, Sometimes shifting into OD, sometimes not), and I've never had luck removing one on a salt-corroded Michigan vehicle, so I want to grab one from the scrap yard, and clean it all up then just swap it in.

The connector for the 97+ is different for 96-.

http://www.teamgrandwagoneer.com/cg...i?query=neutral&bool=and&substring=0&catid=95

Not only did the connector change for 97 , but the switch changed as well. The 97+ switch also has a wire for the shifter being in (3). So while you could take a 97+ and splice on the older connector, you can't go the other way as the switch wouldn't have the extra contact.

I assume you're seen the Go-Jeep writeup, etc for cleaning the sensor. Soak that puppy heavily in penetrating oil for a few days. Good luck getting if off intact. If all goes well and the old one comes off intact, you can clean it up and sell in on Ebay for about $40.

Back