• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock gear ratios

94XJ2door5speed

NAXJA Forum User
So i know i have 3.07 gears in my 94' with 8.25/D30. In my XJ book it says that certain years and packages were equipped with 4.10's. What am i more likely to find that gear ratio in, a 4 banger with an auto or manual trans or a 6 cylinder with the tow package? Also what is the likely hood of finding a 4 banger with an 8.25? I wonder because the 2 local scrap yards have combined 32 cherokees, everything from the early 80's to late 90's with every axle, tranny, and engine combo they made. Was gonna try to rob them out of one of those XJ's and throw them in mine.

4cyl will be your best bet for 4.10's. not sure about manual vs. auto though. but i would think that most 4cyl models on the 97-01's came with the 29 spline 8.25 since they are stripped down models. i would think ABS was more common on the higher trim models which would be the most likely reason for the D35.

Back