• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ready to burn but....

KRAKER

NAXJA Forum User
What is the proper voltage to weld a trusss onto an axle. I'm gonna be mating a TNT truss and rear 44..Is 110 kosher or should (my welding bish) burn with 220?

You need a 220v welder, your basically welding 3/16 to 1/4 plus, the duty cycle of a 110v welder sucks and you will be bummed on the quality of the weld its going to produce.

Ya when I welded on my TNT truss I used 220. Worked well, and I don't think It would have been able to do it too well with 110.

110 will stick it on but its not going to penetrate the almost 1/2 axle tubes. You need to use the 220, run it hot, keep the arc on the axle tubes. Im thinking maybe you should have someone who really knows what they are doing weld it for you.

If you have to use a 110V preheat the hell out of the metal. Still not going to be great, but better. also stitch weld it and give it plenty of time to cool so you don't draw the axle tubes upward

Back