• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hot air in the ''cab''

Trost89

NAXJA Forum User
First off I would like to say hello to every one. I have been snooping around this site for awhile and finally made an account. I have an 87 jeep Cherokee that had some over heating issues in the past but I think I have fixed it (my temp. gauge doesn't work). Now once the jeep has wormed up it feels hot inside. I feel the vents and no air is coming out there its down by your feet. I'm not sure what could cause this, hot air getting past the firewall? Are there heater vents down there that could some how be slightly on? It was bearable for awhile but its pretty uncomfortable after awhile. I searched all over and didn't find any thing so any help would be great. TIA!

Trost

my 89 get hot down below on the passenger side. i have not found out why, but i think it may be heat from the heater core due to a faulty heater control valve allowing coolant to enter the heater core when the heat is not on.

My wife's feet get hot on that side when we're on long trips in my 87. I figure its the exhaust pipe and cat converter running heat up from the floor. Planning on putting some kind of heat deflector under there....eventually....

Back