• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trac loc for C8.25 carrier...

emr1101

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, ill be regearing my rear 29 spline c825 soon with 4.10s or 4.56s. I was interested in putting a trac loc in but im having difficulty finding one, i know u need a new carrier, any one got any advice? Im paying to have the rear end done by a shop so i figured maybe if i brought them a track lock they wouldnt charge me too much if anyhting to throw it in there... any ideas??????

If you have an open diff 8.25 now, I don't think I'd put a Chrysler Trak-lok in there. I would consider an Auburn Gear LSD, though.

im going to look for a used one i guess if you cant buy them online for cheap.

The clutches wear out. You can buy a rebuild kit. Add the cost of a trac lok carrier, rebuild kit, labor to rebuild. It will also need to be rebuilt in the future as well.

A Detroit Trutrac limited slip is about $400 - 500, since you are already paying for an install with gear set-up why not get a Truetrac and never touch it agin ?

I have a Powertrax No-Slip in my 8.25 and it has excellent road manners. It clunks now and then but it works well.

Back