• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I might need spacers?

PapaGeno21

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, quick question. I am unsure of the BS on my rims, and I will be getting 35's in the winter.

Anyways, Im going to be running stock width axles, so will I need spacers for my rims? Or will my tires rub the leaf packs?

Here are the rims I have..

wheel.jpg

Is that a stock height ZJ? If so, you'll need a lot more than spacers...

if you plan on running 35's on a near stock height jeep than you better break out the sawzall and get like 1,000 hockey pucks and use them as bumpstops.

Is that a stock height ZJ? If so, you'll need a lot more than spacers...

Nah goober, I speak fluent 'half-ass'. :D I believe what he's asking is whether he'll need wheel spacers with 35s on his wheels, which are the wheels in the pic.

The answer is: You'll need less backspacing than those wheels will provide...and more than a 'safe' spacer will give you. FOr the money you spend on good wheel spacers (the kind that bolt on to the wheel mount surface and have offset studs for the wheels), you could have a set of properly-backspaced wheels.

Well, I always use my whole ass so I didn't understand his dialect. ;)

Yeah, I'd just go with new wheels. You can get black steelies (or white probably if ya wanna be different) for like $42/wheel. That's what mine were.

he just called up that pic to show what wheels he has. they are going on a 5" lifted xj

geno-

for a 12.5" wide tire on those 15x8's you will be cutting it close, i would reccomend spacers anyway

If you don't know the backspacing, you're going to just have to throw the 35s on there and see if they fit. If they rub get spacers.

Yeah heres the jeep...

I got the rims off ebay they are just redone with black, more bling bling LOL

Anywys im doing a 4.5" lift so ill just get spacers. I dont want new rims, im in love with the ones that I have.

DSCF4790.jpg

DSCF4789.jpg

Yeah but look at the rim, no scarring, it's damn near perfect.

You know I thought about calling it a wheel, but in the interest of just going with the flow and not detracting from this beautiful thread decided that rim, since many many people call them that, would suffice.

When you run oem Jeep wheels on an XJ even 10.50s will rub if you don't adjust the stops. If you are talking 12.50x35 buy the spacers, you'll need them for sure. I love my 8" TJ wheels, but even with my 31"s I had to pull the rear swayber & adjust the stops. Not just my opinion, that's the way it is.

Last edited:
Alright I will be ordering some 1.5" spacers sometime soon.

Yeah man that was the day after I put them on. Still are perfect just a bit dirty.

Its going to be a shame when I DO scratch them. :(

Back