• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Almost overheating??

jt29

NAXJA Forum User
My jeep is still running hot. It does not overheat it but gets right to the white line before the red on the guage and stops, but that is very rare that it gets that hot. I have replaced everything except the water pump even put a 3 row rad. in it. I have noticed that it seems to run cooler with the A/C on. Anybody have any ideas??

Sounds like your electric fan is not coming on at the proper temps but IS coming on when your A/C is on. Coolant temp switch maybe. In RENIX models it's in the radiator between the trans lines. Post 91 models in the t-stat housing.

Otherwise, when you say you've replaced everything but the water pump, you may have answered your own question. Could be the water pump. Especially if it's "almost" overheating at highway speeds. Also does replacing everything include the mechanical fan clutch??

So, there's 3 ideas. Let us know what happens.

Sorry about that it is a 94. I replaced the coolant temp switch with a cheap one from autozone so I don't know if that would make a difference and I have replaced the clutch fan.

Back